Monday, April 9, 2018

Spring has Sprung?

Happy Monday morning quilting friends!  Here it is April 9th and I wake up to more snow!   Mother nature has lost her mind.  Father time needs to show her a calendar.  Yes, I love snow and it is so pretty but I'm longing for spring flowers, digging in the dirt and taking off a few layers of clothing.  My studio is bright and happy year around with flowery quilts everywhere.  So I thought I would share one of them with you today. This is Scrap Happy Baskets.


You can find the block tutorial here for the quilt above.  I didn't write a full tutorial for the quilt but I did give the width measurements for the block frame and sashings here.  
The finished quilt with better color and quilting closeups can be found here.

How about another sneak peak of what's been keeping me busy?  This is my newest pattern that will be released later in the week.  See you then!


Thanks for stopping by my snowy little spot in Podunk!

~ Lea Anne ~
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Lea Anne, your quilting is just amazing. Your quilts are wonderful, but after you've quilted them, they are kicked up so many notches to stunning. I'm looking forward to seeing the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather has been just wild this spring. Oooh, pretty! Looking forward to seeing your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am sick of Mother Nature's cruel jokes! We had snow this weekend too and in the forecast again this weekend. Your quilt is so pretty, it makes me smile! You certainly know how to pick just the right fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies, if it's any consolation, eastern NC is not so patiently waiting on Ms. Spring to arrive. Had flurries on Apr. 8th. Our last frost date is supposed to be Apr. 15. Love all of your quilts. Thanks for sharing so unselfishly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting on that quilt is especially gorgeous! I got to mow and pull weeds yesterday....we are getting a lot of rain.....like you, looking forward to seeing Spring POP soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your new quilt looks gorgeous!! The quilting is stunning, and I can't wait to see the full reveal!! I hope it warms up for you!! Here in Calif, my cherry tree has already lost it's blossoms: I hope the fruit sticks, because it didn't the last two years! :-( Wish you were here to play in the dirt at my house: gardening isn't my favorite! :-) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  8. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...